When bikers roll into Myrtle Beach, Atlantic Beach, and Murrell’s Inlet for the spring bike rallies, the city roars all day and all night. In some areas, the air is filled with excitement – the vibrations of hundreds of rumbling motorcycle engines and the faint smell of gasoline.
But, what happens when you climb down off the motorcycle? Parties, dancing, live music, and fun in the sun.
Atlantic Beach Bikefest 2018, also known as Black Bike Week, will happen May 25-28.
If you plan to ride your bike into town, be sure to familiarize yourself with SC traffic laws, the designated route for motorcycles, and the various events being held in the area.
What’s on The To-Do List?
Myrtle Beach businesses, entertainers, and bike-friendly venues always make sure there is plenty of entertainment during the Atlantic Beach Bikefest, and this year is no different. Here are some of the happenings you might want to check out:
Memorial Day Weekend Pool Party
- When: 12-5 p.m. May 27
- Where: 3000 Mr. Joe White Ave.
- Entertainment: DJ Unpredictable
- Highlights: Twerk contest with a $100 cash prize
- Cost: $35-$500
- More info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/memorial-day-weekend-pool-party-tickets-44468493461
Flossin @ the Beach 3.0, Memorial Weekend Show N Shine
- When: Gates open at noon, judging from 14 p.m. May 26
- Where: North Myrtle Beach Drag Strip, 2003 Star Bluff Road, Longs, SC.
- Highlights: Bike, car and truck show
- Cost: $20
- More info: Call 919-808-0343, visit www.facebook.com/thorpemoney
Club Drip Memorial Weekend Bikefest Events
- Where: Club Drip, 3106 S.C. 17 S, Atlantic Beach
- When: May 25-28
- Highlights: More than 40 dancers will perform, VIP booths
- More info: blackbikeweek.us/blog/2018/club-drip-memorial-weekend-bikefest
The Platinum 90s Party
- When: 9 p.m.-2 a.m. May 25
- Where: House of Blues, 4640 S.C. 17S, North Myrtle Beach
- Cost: $20 in advance, more at the door
- Highlights: Wear your best 90s duds to compete for a $150 prize for best outfit, male and female
- More info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pure-platinum-mcsc-presents-the-platinum-90s-party-tickets-43326631120?aff=es2
Black Tigers Motorcycle Club’s Back 2 Black All White Party
- When: 11 p.m.-4 a.m. May 25
- Where: House of Blues, 4640 SC 17S, North Myrtle Beach
- Highlights: Dress code – wear all white clothing
- More info: http://www.blackbikeweek.us/blog/2018/black-tigers-motorcycle-club-all-white-party
Third-annual All White Party
- When: 10 p.m.-4 a.m. May 26
- Where: Big Kahuna’s Bar& Grill, 3505 SC 544
- Highlights: Performances by Reaction the Underdogs of Gogo and New Impressionz
- More info: Call 202-290-9332 or visit http://www.blackbikeweek.us/blog/2018/3rd-annual-all-white-party
SC Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Atlantic Beach, Myrtle Beach, Murrell’s Inlet
If this is your first time at the Atlantic Beach Bikefest, make sure you plan ahead – there will be congested roads and a lot of traffic delays. Gas up and check your tank often while in town because it can be difficult to get to a gas station when you are caught in Myrtle Beach traffic.
Stay safe, but remember that the Atlantic Beach motorcycle accident lawyers at Coastal Law are here when you need them – if you are hurt in a bike crash caused by another motorist in the Myrtle Beach area, call now for a free consultation to discuss your case, by calling (843) 488-5000 or filling out our online form.