A 19-year-old Myrtle Beach woman was killed Monday after her Chevrolet Equinox crossed the center line on Carolina Forest Boulevard and struck a Jeep Cherokee.
Neither vehicle was carrying passengers, and both drivers were wearing seatbelts, according to the SC Highway Patrol. The driver of the Jeep was taken to an area hospital, and their condition is unknown. The accident happened at 5:45 p.m. in front of Canterbury Apartments, an area known for heavy traffic at that time of day.
Summertime means more traffic, especially along the coast of SC. And more traffic always means more accidents, more injuries, and more deaths. Whether you are driving, riding, walking, or working near roadways, please be extra vigilant this time of year.
Car crashes in the Myrtle Beach Area
Here are a few of the accidents that have happened in the past couple of months:
- A 24-year-old man died at the scene Tuesday after a single-vehicle crash on Rose Hill Road in Georgetown County. The driver over-corrected after his Chevrolet truck went off the right side of the road, SCHP said. The truck then went off the left side of the road and struck a ditch and a tree before turning over. The driver was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the vehicle.
- In early June, a 41-year-old Myrtle Beach-area man died and traffic had to be diverted after a one-vehicle crash on Bypass 17, south of Harrelson Blvd. The victim was not wearing a seatbelt.
- A 7-year-old girl died when a car went through a median and struck another vehicle while merging from SC 31 onto US 22 in Myrtle Beach. Five people were injured in the crash.
- Last week, 17 people were injured in an accident involving a sedan, a pickup, and a bus that flipped over. The church bus from Virginia was carrying 11 children and two adults to a camp in Myrtle Beach. Rescue workers had to extricate one child from the bus. Three people were in critical condition, three suffered serious injuries, and nine had minor injuries.
- In May, a single-vehicle crash on Dunn Shortcut Road in Conway, SC left a 24-year-old woman dead. A truck went into a ditch and flipped over after running off the road, SCHP said. The victim was not wearing a seatbelt, was trapped inside the overturned vehicle, and died at the scene.
- A man died after his pickup left the road and crashed into woods beside Highway 139 in Conway, SC. SCHP said the man was trapped inside the vehicle.
- A SC Department of Transportation contractor was injured after a minivan struck the tractor he was using to mow grass along SC 31 in June. A witness said multiple people were ejected from the van.
South Carolina Auto Accident Attorneys in Myrtle Beach
At Coastal Law, we want you to stay safe on the roads. But, when accidents happen, we will fight to ensure that you are fully compensated for any injuries caused by negligent drivers.
Call the SC auto accident lawyers at Coastal Law now at (843) 488-5000 or send us an email to speak with an attorney today.